Millennial moms are a growing market segment with increasing buying power. One in five moms today are a millennial mom and 1 in 3 are the majority contributor to their household’s income. Here are the things to consider when marketing to millennial moms:
Millennial moms are digitally connected.
- Millennial moms are online 1.7 hours a day
- They have an average of 3.4 social media accounts
- They like or commend products online 10.4 times a month
Millennial moms are the decision makers in their family.
- 70% are the main decision maker for family purchases
- They control 85% of household purchases
- Millennial moms are responsible for $2.4 trillion in US spending
Millennial moms shop online.
- They grew up with the internet and are accustomed to shopping online
- They use social media influencers to help them make buying decisions.
Millennial moms like brands with authenticity, meaningfulness, uniqueness and innovation.
- They want the brand to be true to them
- They like brands that are outside of the box and have a social conscience
Eighty percent of babies born this year will call a millennial mom or dad, and the U.S. already has more than 10.8 million millennial households with children. This market segment is a purchasing force to be reckoned with. When someone becomes a parent there is a unique opportunity to capture new customers. Don’t miss it!
Steel brings together data, technology, creative and influence to deliver spectacular growth for brands that are marketing to the American family. Working side-by-side with client marketing teams and in-house agencies, Steel extends your leverage by contributing strategy, creativity, bandwidth and best practices. For healthcare, education, government and CPG clients especially, Steel’s full service, integrated agency capabilities and knowledge of marketing automation makes ideas possible and execution practical. Call Steel with your marketing challenges, and if we are not the right fit, we will point you in the right direction.